Vaginal Swab Instructions
Preparing for sample collection
• Read all instructions before you begin.
• Undress to expose the vaginal area.
• Put yourself in a comfortable position.
• Do not use this kit if you are pregnant.
• Do not collect sample while menstruating.
• Do not pre-wet the swab with the PCR media or any other liquid before obtaining the vaginal sample.
• Handle the transport tube carefully, the media inside the tube can cause irritation if contacted with skin or other body parts. If the contents of the tube are spilled on your skin, wash the affected area with soap and water. If the contents of the tube splash into your eyes, flush them with water immediately.